Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My 2014 Travel Treasures



If I could share only 1 picture to sum up my amazing year, it would be this :)

Station 1, Boracay, Philippines
Boracay, Philippines

My 2014 was full of unexpected life events and beautiful experiences..

And I would like to share with you the 70% of what made it one of the best years of my life! :)

Northern Lights, Lake Inari, Finland

In February, after days of riding reindeer and husky dog sleds in Finland..

Our dream came true when we stayed in a glass igloo, and the northern lights showed up!

Old Town, Tallinn, Estonia

"The Times we had."

We also had the chance to visit the medieval old town of Tallinn, Estonia..

And no, i didn't edit that. That was really on the wall :)

--------

In April, I quit my job :D 

And that made all the difference!

Mactan Shangrila Beach Resort, Cebu, Philippines

In May, I danced every night for 4 nights with my ex-colleagues in this paradise called Cebu, Philippines!

Osaka Castle, Japan

In June, my sister and I bonded in Osaka and Kyoto, Japan..

Baby Elephant, Outrigger Laguna Phuket Resort, Thailand

..and a baby elephant and I bonded in Phuket, Thailand ;)

Friends who motivated me to write this Travel Blog

In July, I finally succumbed to my friends' constant persuasion for me to update my old blog and share my travels..

I am loving the outcome of my revamped travel diary.. and it is now my treasure!

So before I continue, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you guys! You know who you are because your picture is there! Haha! :D

And to everyone who has been supporting me in this journey, also, thank you! :D

Travel Now Magazine, Philippines

In August, my articles on Shark Cage Diving in South Africa and Northern Lights in Finland were published in the Travel Now Magazine, Bucket List Issue!

Street Art Hunt, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

In September, a whirlwind street art hunt in Penang, Malaysia happened with these girls..

Sugarloaf Mountain, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

In November, my husband had to consume all his vacation leaves, and my wish of stepping foot on South America was granted..

We were mesmerised by the beauty of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil despite all the danger warnings.. and I never thought I could say yes to hang gliding! :D

Uyuni Salt Flats, Bolivia

The Uyuni Salt Flats of Bolivia was finally crossed off our bucket list..

And I eventually loved the country for all the experiences it gave us.. the high altitude, the 4WD vehicle breakdowns, the sunsets, the lagoons, the baby alpacas, the slums, the cable cars, and all the friends we gained..

Floating Island of Uros, Lake Titicaca, Peru

Aside from seeing Isla del Sol, which was on the Bolivian side of Lake Titicaca..

We were also able to ride this totora reed boat and explore the manmade floating islands of Uros, Peru..

Station 1, Boracay, Philippines

Then after a torturous journey of more than 40 hours from Rio de Janeiro to Sao Paulo to Barcelona to Singapore to Kalibo to Boracay..

Jet lagged and exhausted.. we still had a wonderful time at the wedding of our friend in Boracay, Philippines :)

Birthday and Anniversary at Fullerton Hotel, Singapore

In December, we celebrated our wedding anniversary and my birthday at the Fullerton Hotel in Singapore.. 

And I spent christmas with my family in Cebu, Philippines :)

---------

I am very grateful for all these beautiful memories of 2014. 

Facing my reality this 2015, I am starting my new job next week ;)

Have an awesome new year everyone!!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful year. Beautiful pictures and beautiful words.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Govind :) Have a beautiful new year!

      Delete
  2. In January 2015. I closed my bank account, I sold my car too and finally I am broke so let's travel some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words are brief yet you shared so many memories. Dear, you are well traveled. That picture of Isla Del Sol is very breath taking. Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, I woke up seeing your message, and your words are very encouraging and motivating. Thank you. Happy 2015 to you as well! :)

      By the way, the picture with the totora reed boat is in Uros Island, Peru. Just in case you go to Isla del Sol, Bolivia and expect to see it ;) They are both in Lake Titicaca. I hope you can visit those places too :)

      Delete